Friday 25 March 2011

An Eggcellent Idea!

12" x 12" double page layout based on a Pagemap.
One of the things I most appreciate about the scrapping community is its enthusiasim and generosity when it comes to sharing knowledge. Wherever you turn (magazines, books, classes or other croppers) there are always tips and tricks being shared. With this in mind, here is my first blog about actually making something: stamped Easter eggs.

I would like to take credit for the idea behind this simple embellishment because I thought it up all by myself while pondering what to do with the stack of new stamps and inks I'd just purchased, however, I know someone, somewhere, before me, has done something similiar, if not identical. So, while this technique is entirely new to me and I feel very clever for working it out, if you've seen it somewhere before, please just smile and shake your head.

Stamped Easter Egg Embellishment

YOU WILL NEED:
paper (I used white cardstock)
stamps (I used Kelly Panacci border stamps)
ink (I used Tsukineko Dew Drops)
ribbon (I used Offray stitched grosgrain)
craft knife or hole punch

STEP ONE:
Draw an oval on the reverse side of the paper.
STEP TWO:
Turn your paper over and stamp images. I used border stamps to create stripes, but your egg will look great with any repeat pattern stamp.


STEP THREE:
When the ink is dry, cut out the egg following the lines of the oval drawn earlier.

STEP FOUR:
Ink the edges of the egg (on the stamped side) and admire your pretty egg while it dries.


STEP FIVE:
With a craft knife or hole punch, make 2 slits or holes at the top of the egg approximately 1/2 inch apart.

STEP SIX:
Slip the ribbon through the slits or holes, through the font, then turn over and slip the ribbon through the opposite slit or hole. Trim ribbon ends.


That's it! Use your lovely egg for embellishments on scrapbook layouts and cards. To create a journaling spot, leave the centre area of the egg clear when stamping.

4" x 5.5" card.


12" x 12" double page layout based on a Pagemap.
If you make your own Easter eggs, post a link to a picture of them!

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment