Saturday 28 January 2012

Rejoice!

I am really enjoying monthly sketch challenges lately. This one from Purple Pumpkin is the latest I've tried my hand at.
Purple Pumpkin January Sketch Challenge
When I first saw this sketch, I knew exactly what photos to use. I only had two photos of my son taken at a school celebration and they had been sitting in my photo pile for a while; I wasn't quite sure what to do with them.

Was this meant to be a school page? A religious page? A "when you were seven years old" page? Was it meant for his school days album or for the yearly family album?

When I saw this sketch the pictures and the paper jumped to mind, though I still wasn't sure where this page would find a home.

My take on the sketch.

Ultimately, I included this page in my son's school days album because the event took place at the school and I also want him to remember that faith development was an important part of his education and that he had a strong Community of Faith around him as he grew up.

My take on the sketch follows the plan very closely (that's what a good sketch is for, after all!), although I admit I had trouble with the proportions. I couldn't crop my focal photo small enough, so my horizontal line is longer than the one in the sketch.

Still, I am very happy with the result! Thanks for the great sketch, Purple Pumpkin!

3 comments:

  1. Well done. Did the paper come with the shell images on the bottom? I like the square gems too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's Karen Foster paper. (I'm not so talented a stamper to achieve something like that.)

      Delete
  2. Lovely page! Wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at PP! :D

    ReplyDelete