Sunday 8 July 2012

Starlight Starbright

You know I love a good challenge. This layout was inspired by the July "It's A Sketchy Challenge" from Canadian Scrapbooker.
Unfortunately, to be considered for publication, one needs to use at least one Canadian manufacturer on the layout--and I don't have much from Canadian manufacturers. Nor do I know where to stock up. With the demise of most of the LSS in my area and my reliance on online stores, it's very difficult to find Canadian manufacturers for sale. If you know where to get the supplies, please let me know!

I used up the last of my Basic Grey "Boxer" line papers for this page and found they co-ordinated perfectly with the autumn colours of Close To My Heart inks. For the largest star, I tried mixing Perfect Pearl paint with Whit Daisy ink and sprayed the chipboard star. The paint gives the ink a beautiful shimmering effect and makes the star twinkle. I also gave the blue background paper a spray with the same ink and am pleased with the shimmery "milky way" look it gives the page.

The little bird stamp is one of my favourites. It's from a French company (that's French from France, not Quebec) called Studi 2 Mers Creations. I love the bird's crown and usually bling it up. On this layout, I simulated petite pearls with a few dabs of Liquid Applique. I repeated the look on the green floral paper, adding a petite pearl to the flower centres.

I liked this sketch because it didn't call for much journaling. Just a clever title and a line with the names and date are all this page needed.

If you're looking for a good challenge, CS has a sketchy challenge every month. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment