Friday 9 March 2012

The United Colours of Scrapping

Remember Benetton? They were so popular when I was growing up. I think every girl in my class had Colours perfume. But I digress.

This layout put me in mind of Benetton because the products I used on them are from around the world! Literally!


Of course, it's mostly stuff from the US: Bazzil cardstock, Jillibean Soup letters, Cosmo Cricket sticker and Sew Easy twine. But the paint is from Canada and the patterned paper is from Quebec (not sure if it's from a French or Quebec manufactuer, but it's a French paper line...whose name escapes me at the moment...). The pen is Sakura, from Japan. And (drum roll, please) the adorable buttons and doily are from Australia: Purple Pumpkin!

A while back I won a prize pack from Purple Pumpkin and waited eagerly for it to arrive. What a stash! They gave me a generous supply of buttons, doilies, flowers and die cuts. I'm sure I'll be able to use them on at least a dozen pages and cards.

This page was my first time using Purple Pumpkin products--fittingly enough, for the Purple Pumpkin March Sketch Challenge. I've admired them online for a long time, but just never put in an order. Maybe because I don't tend to use a lot of buttons on my layouts. But these fabric covered buttons are amazing! They're vibrant and whimsical. A great addition to my kid pages.

Check out their website for yourself! Purple Pumpkin Store

Happy Scrapping!

3 comments:

  1. Blue crochet doily and buttons are fantastic. I'll have to check out Purple Pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just adore your use of the PP goodies! How cool is that paint work!!! Thanks sooo much for playing along with us at PP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the PP are great and perfect for your layout theme....thanks for playing along at PP

    ReplyDelete