Thursday 22 March 2012

Somebunny Has Been Crafting...

I often have good intentions when it comes to making cards for the holidays. I usually get a batch of handmade Christmas cards done, but as for the other holidays--like Valentine's Day, Canada Day, Thanksgiving and Easter--my success rate is very low.

This year I am inspired/determined to do better. I'm even thinking of getting organised and putting cards/envelopes/dates/names/addresses together in one spot so all I have to do is write a message and mail off the card.

But until then, I will continue having days like today. The Scrapbooks Etc newsletter arrived in my inbox and when I clicked on it I saw a link to Easy Easter Cards. That sounded just right to me. So I clicked and browsed and thought the "Play with Colour" card is just about the cutest Easter card I've ever seen. Then I remembered some Beatrix Potter Silhouette images I'd purchased last year and used on my Easter scrapbook pages.

So, with just an ink jet printer, leftover scraps and some ink, I quickly put together six of these cards:
Now, I did have some help. My youngest son inked the edges of the "Happy Easter" strips and stamped a basket image on the envelopes. I don't think it made the process go any faster, but it was a lot of fun crafting with him and seeing his little hands turning chocolate brown. And the odd little fingerprints on the cards just make them that much more special (at least to me).

Now, if you don't receive one of these cute little missives, fret not; National Scrapbooking Day is coming up in May. And you KNOW that's something I'm going to celebrate!!

1 comment: