Saturday 2 June 2012

Celebrate Scrapping!

I celebrated National Scrapbooking Day by creating this layout based on the one provided in the Pagemaps blog. But my computer decided to drop dead that day and I was not able to enter it into the contest. But, I'm very happy with this page and was excited to finally use this amazing "Periodic Table of Personality Quirks" patterned paper. (Not the real name; just what I call it.) It suits my science-geek son so well.

I like this layout because it's simple and lets the photo shine, but also because I was encouraged to create a fancier title than I might otherwise have. Often when creating titles, just letter stickers on a matted block is as fancy as I'd get. But with such a simple title (just a single number), the sketch suggested layering and adding height.

First I defined the space between the title and journaling with a chevron sticker. Then I layered a piece of cardstock, with a notepaper punched edge over it. I added an artisan label sticker by first sticking it to a scrap piece of paper then adhering to the layout with Pop Dots. Finally, I added the felt number and wrote in y son's name.

It wasn't even hard to do! That's one of the reasons I love sketches--they challenge you to try things you might not do on your own. And in this case, I'm inspired to take a second look at all my titles from now on to see how I can add a little something to make them just a little more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Love your periodic table paper. I bought the Super Hero level 2 paper pack just for its periodic table.

    ReplyDelete